Reporting to the Deputy Director — Membership and Youth Programs of the In-Canada Programs Department and under the coordination of the animator for his or her region, the Youth Ambassador is a student or recent graduate hired as part of the regional youth outreach and engagement program, that is intended to introduce young people to international solidarity while expanding the organization’s influence among a greater number of young people across the country.
- • Ongoing studies in the context of a relevant study program offered by a recognized educational institution;
• Successful completion within the past year of a relevant study program offered by a recognized educational institution.
• Proficiency in the language covered by the region, namely French or English
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Dropbox
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative, including InDesign, and Microsoft Publisher (an asset)
• Mastery of social media and online communication tools (an asset)
• Experience delivering presentations (e.g., in schools, colleges, universities, parishes, etc.)
• Experience working with children, adolescents and young adults
• Experience working in public awareness-raising, advocacy and fundraising
• Experience with Development and Peace campaigns, for example, the THINKfast program (an asset)
• Awareness of international development issues
• Familiarity with the Catholic Church’s commitment to social justice and international development
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Available to travel occasionally in Canada
- Competitive salary and benefits according to Collective agreement.