If you are interested in international development, want an opportunity to regularly network with NGO professionals and have strong communications skills, this is the volunteer position for you!
As part of the BC Council for International Cooperation’s internship program we are looking for a Newsletter & Social Media Curator.
BCCIC is seeking a volunteer curator to be responsible for the design and development of the monthly e-newsletter as well as the regular maintenance and monitoring of our social media content. This is a flexible position, with location and hours that can vary over time. Your time can be split between the BCCIC office and home, with regular contact by phone and email in-between.
The current newsletter has a circulation with over 1000 subscribers and is a key component of outreach to our members and the broader community. You will play a key role in ensuring that the newsletter is effectively addressing BCCIC and members’ needs in an ongoing, dynamic and consistent way. You will work in direct coordination with the Communications Officer.
Managing the design, development, promotion and circulation of the monthly online newsletter.
• Researching relevant issues in the international development sector;
• Developing, obtaining and inputting content from members;
• Promoting newsletter content on social media platforms;
• Collecting feedback and ensuring the newsletter is responsive to member needs; and
• Ensuring that the newsletter is delivered consistently and on time.
Curating the content, development, strategy, and publication of BCCIC’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.
• Selection of content using existing BCCIC social media guidelines
• Curation of bulk BCCIC posts and tweets that may be uploaded into a program such as HootSuite
• Creation of social media graphics using online software such as Canva
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Knowledge and understanding of local and international development sector;
• Proficiency in word processing, web skills and online social networking;
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability to pay attention to detail;
• Self-directed and ability to work in a team and independently; and
• Experience with Mailchimp, Hootsuite, would be an asset.
• Free membership to BCCIC during the year/s that volunteering is taking place;
• Free attendance to events organized by BCCIC for its members while volunteering with BCCIC;
• Opportunity to build one’s skills and CV as part of the BCCIC team;
• Opportunity to learn more about the international development context in BC as part of a provincial network
Initial training and evaluation period of three months. Upon approval, this will become an ongoing position. The role requires 15 – 20 hours/month.
To apply: Please email your CV, a short (not to exceed one page) statement of interest to email@example.com by 5pm, November 13th, 2015.
Individuals will be contacted and assessed on a rolling basis.
BCCIC is a coalition of British Columbia voluntary international development organizations and provincial branches of such organizations committed to achieving sustainable global development in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity and participation for all. For more information on BCCIC visit http://bccic.ca/