Are you looking to make an impact? Are you interested in how communications actions translate ideas and messaging into impact and action?
As part of the BC Council for International Cooperation’s volunteer internship program we are looking for a Volunteer Communications Assistant in Strategic Research & Analysis.
BCCIC is looking for a qualified volunteer who will play a key role in assisting the design, implementation, and evaluation of an organizational communications strategy that serves to streamline all current and future communication efforts toward specific strategic outcomes.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who are:
- Passionate about global change and how it comes to occur
- Interested in the mechanics and intricacies of effective communication
- Interested in learning about and working with new digital engagement strategies
- Excited to think big and test new communications strategies
- Wanting to gain valuable work experience in the non-profit sector
- Looking to break into the field of communications, marketing, and public narrative
- Assist in researching, identifying, and documenting information on key target audiences
- Contribute to the design and development of new communications initiatives to pilot
- Assist in monitoring the performance of current digital engagement strategies
- Work with the Communications Officer to develop key – branded messaging
- Support building BCCIC’s list of promotional and media contacts
- Some administrative work as required
- Proven attention to detail
- Big picture thinker, thinking outside the box
- Familiarity with a breadth of social media platforms
- Knowledge and experience with Google Analytics an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Problem-solver, ability to take initiative
BCCIC is looking for a qualified volunteer intern available starting mid November who can dedicate at least 8 hours (one day) a week until mid-March 2016 to carry out the above responsibilities.
In return for donating your time, BCCIC will provide opportunities to:
- Gain valuable research and monitoring and evaluation experience as it applies to the non-profit sector
- Develop insight into what contributes to the success of a communications initiative
- Network within the non-profit and global social change sector
- Participate in capacity building workshops and receive staff mentorship
- Free membership to BCCIC during the time that volunteering is taking place;
- Opportunity to build one’s skills and resume as part of the BCCIC team and;
- Opportunity to learn more about the international development context in BC as part of a provincial network.
Deadline to express interest is Friday, November 13th, 2015 with a tentative start date for the week of November 23rd.
Interested individuals are asked to email Kareen Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV as well as a short (not to exceed one page) statement of interest. Individuals will be contacted and assessed on a rolling basis.
BCCIC is a coalition of British Columbia voluntary international development organizations and provincial branches of such organizations committed to achieving sustainable global development in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity and participation for all. For more information on BCCIC visit http://bccic.ca/