The Comox Valley Global Awareness Network (CVGAN) is an initiative by Valley people committed to social justice and international development and supported by the BC Council for International Cooperation (BCCIC). The Network is focused on raising consciousness and sharing avenues for social action, both locally and globally.
The Regional Coordinator ( RC ) is the sole staff person for the Network and is responsible to the Steering Committee to ensure the Network works to meet its mission. This position is a part time position funded primarily by the British Columbia Council for International Cooperation (BCCIC).
RC works on a contractual basis with reimbursement available for 9 months of work. Typically, contractor does not work December, July and August.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven track record in collaborative communication and project management
- Commitment and ideally experience with social justice work
- Working knowledge of civil society organizations in the Comox Valley
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of word processing, spread sheets, facebook and related internet communication tools
- working knowledge of Google Drive and Google Docs/Sheets.
- wage over 9 months schedule (break in Dec/July/Aug)
- Access to computer with word processing, spreadsheets, internet, skype
- Able to attend meetings and events at varying time of the day, access to a vehicle necessary
- Available to work 4 – 6 hours each week
Closing date: February 15th 2017Click here for full posting and to apply