Prior to the Federal Election on October 19th, our counter part in Quebec, Association québécoise des organismes de coopération internationale (l’AQOCI), sent a questionnaire to all major Canadian political parties running for election. The below document is the formal response of the Liberal Party of Canada on issues of :
- Achieving the new UN Sustainable Development Goals,
- Supporting the work of non-government organizations,
- Position and strategy on Overseas Development Assistance (ODA),
- Proposed measures to protect the rights of women, First Nations and refugees, in Canada and abroad,
- Strategy to ensure Canadian multinationals respect human rights abroad, and
- Strategy fight climate change in Canada and abroad.
Answers to the questionnaire are available in both French and English (beginning on page 7) below.Liberal-Party_Formal-response-to-the-questions-of-AQOCI_2015-1