Employment Opportunity at the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada: Program Manager, Trade, Investment, Innovation, and Canada-China Relations
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) is looking for a Program Manager to lead its work on Trade, Investment and Innovation. In addition, the Program Manager will have deep expertise in China and will be responsible for managing the Foundation's China-focused initiatives. The position is based in Vancouver, BC. For a fuller list of responsibilities and qualifications, please see below.
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) is a not-for-profit organization focused on Canada's relations with Asia. Our mission is to be Canada's catalyst for engagement with Asia and Asia's bridge to Canada. We do this by partnering with both the private and public sector. For more information, visit www.asiapacific.ca.
Program Manager, Trade, Investment, Innovation and Canada-China Relations
• Manages the work of the Foundation on trade, investment and innovation
• Manages the Foundation's China focused initiatives
• Develops the direction and focus of projects within the program
• Coordinates and manages meetings, consultations, and partnerships events linked to the program including roundtables with leaders and experts from Canada and Asia.
• Leads the production of program policy research papers and briefs
• Develops Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada's networks with institutions and individuals working on trade, investment and innovation in Canada, in Asia and abroad and on Canada-China relations
• Conducts public outreach on program work and activities and on Canada-China relations
• Designs and implements a monitoring and evaluation framework to evaluate program activities
• Prepares program and project reports and action plans
• Develops and monitors the program and project budget
• Assists the business development team with fund-raising in support of the program
• Produces research papers, including surveys and analytical reports related to the Canada-China relationship
• In collaboration with the Communication Managers, fosters relationships with the media, especially the local Chinese media
• Represents the Foundation at public and private events as needed
• Provides other research support as needed
• Manages the foundation's online statistics updates
• Supervises and guides junior staff and post-graduate research fellows as needed
Desired Skills and Abilities
• Knowledgeable about issues related to trade, investment and innovation particularly in the context of the Canada-Asia relationship and on issues specific to the Canada-China relationship.
• Ability to conduct research, produce analytical reports and briefs
• Strong communication skills including public speaking and writing
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural and networking skills
• Familiarity with policy research and/or policymaking
• Experience in managing staff.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and with short deadlines
• Ability to work independently on specific files and master new topics quickly
• Interest in advancing an informed understanding of Canada-Asia relations
• Bilingual in Mandarin.
• Experience working in China
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary education such as MA or PhD in economics, international political economy or MBA
• 3-5 years previous work experience in governments, think tanks, policy advocacy groups
• Previous work experience developing and maintaining networks
• Project management experience
If you are interested in this position and have the required education and experience, please send your application to Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada by email to email@example.com no later than March 20, 2015.