Your role: As a representative of Canada World Youth (CWY), you will work in close collaboration with CWY staff, international and local partner organizations, and with the Project Supervisor from the partner country in order to implement all aspects of CWY’s volunteer and educational exchange for a group generally comprised of as many young adults from Canada as young adults from the partner country.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Project Supervisor assures the quality of learning and the management of a youth exchange consistent with the protocol.
In keeping with Canada World Youth policies and where applicable in close cooperation with his or her counterpart:
- Contribute to the smooth running of the youth exchange;
- Develop, implement and evaluate non-formal educational programming with an emphasis on development education and the sectors of health, environment and gender;
- Facilitate the youth volunteers’ learning in a non-formal educational context;
- Facilitate the involvement of youth volunteers in community based health and environmental projects in Canada and overseas;
- Maximize interactions among community members, including local youth and youth volunteers on the exchange in order to encourage mutual learning and engagement;
- Ensure the health and safety of youth volunteers and their respect of standards of behaviour;
- Develop and maintain respectful and positive relationships with partner organizations, host communities in Canada and overseas;
- Manage the exchange budget and the emergency fund with a high level of accuracy;
- Act as Canada World Youth lead youth exchange representative (may include special mandates).
According to the goals and nature of the exchange, responsibilities could include:
- Prepare and implement administrative and logistical elements for the smooth running of the youth exchange;
- Participate in the development of the exchange budget;
- Secure the necessary funding to implement the exchange;
- Recruit and select youth volunteers;
- Fulfil the partner’s reporting needs.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Post-secondary diploma in a relevant field or equivalent;
- Experience in a similar role or equivalent;
- Work experience in a developing country is an asset
Particular working conditions:
- Irregular and unpredictable working hours;
- Capacity to live far from his or her residence;
- Meet the health requirements for the position and undergo the required medical tests;
- Clear criminal record check pertaining to the solicited position;
- Ability to travel by plane and to drive a car in all seasons.
- Contract start date* : between April and June;
- Length* : between 3 months to 1 year;
- Expenses : Domestic and international transportation costs, vaccination costs, as well as food and lodging expenses in the overseas country, are covered by CWY.
Recruitment and selection process:
To apply for this position, you must send your resume and a cover letter. We primarily recruit Project Supervisors for exchanges taking place in their own regions, but if you are willing to work elsewhere in Canada, please mention this in your application. If you are being considered for the position, you must participate in an evaluation session and/or interview during which your skills and attitudes will be examined according to established criteria.
Deadline to receive applications:
March 19th, 2014 by 5 PM (Eastern Timezone) via email at: email@example.com. In the subject of your email, you need to indicate the contest number: 2722014.
For more information please visit our Web site: http://canadaworldyouth.org/
Canada World Youth is committed to equity in employment and diversity.
This posting represents an opportunity to realize our focus on increasing underrepresented groups such as Aboriginal peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.
We would like to thank in advance all the candidates for their interest in Canada World Youth.
Please note that only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.