Job Description: Program Assistant, Part-time (15 hours/week)
CoDevelopment Canada (CoDev) is a BC-based non-profit agency that works for social change in Latin America and in Canada. We build partnerships with organizations in Canada and throughout Latin America to protect workers’ rights, build solidarity for public education, strengthen grassroots initiatives, engage Canadians in global issues and promote fair trade.
We are looking for a Program Assistant to join our team. 15 hours per week / $26.78 per hour starting wage / Start date is October 15, 2014 / Terms and conditions per Collective Agreement with CUPE 1004.
Description: The program assistant will work with CoDev’s Program Director and Executive Director to assist with specific administrative tasks related to the organization’s international programming. Secondary responsibilities for outreach and public education as well as general office duties will be included in the person’s job activities as time allows.
The Program Assistant will assist the Program Director and Executive Director in the following:
Administration, Latin American Partners:
1. Ensure required program documents are received from Latin American partners, including: program proposals, agency agreements, wire transfers receipts, narrative and financial reports, and program receipts.
2. Coordinate translation of Latin American partner narrative reports and receipt listings for financial reports.
3. Preparation of Latin American partner financial files for annual audit.
Administration, Canadian Partners
4. Translate communications including urgent actions and solidarity messages between Canadian and Latin American counterparts.
5. Prepare Canadian partner tours to Latin America.
Outreach and events
6. Organize Canadian tours of Latin American partners, including accompaniment of visitors and informal interpretation.
7. Participate in CoDev public events and outreach activities including tabling, workshops, social media, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish,
• Understanding of and sensitivity to, the culture of Latin American social movements,
• Administrative experience, and
• An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent understanding of international development issues, especially related to the areas of gender and development, and the objectives and functions of the Canadian and international labour movements, an asset.
To apply: Resumes and cover letters may be sent to CoDev by September 12, 2014. Email codev [at] codev.org