Crossroads International – one of Canada’s foremost international co-operation organizations – has been fighting inequality for more than 50 years. We do this by bringing people together around a common cause to create lasting solutions to overcome poverty and advance women’s rights.
Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Southern Africa, West Africa, and South America. Crossroads supports women, youth, and the rural poor, who are often marginalized in the economy and left out of the decisions that affect their lives. We work as equals with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence.
Internship position: Environmental policy advisor
Location: Montreal, Toronto or as an e-volunteer
Time schedule: Will be determined according to the availability of the candidate
Starting date: January 2016
Main responsibilities include:
Firstly, the present mandate will establish an assessment of the integration of environmental principles and practices of the organization. Secondly, the advisor will elaborate the development and implementation of an environmental policy and recommendations to the organization for better environmental practices.
- Assist Crossroads International in the implementation of an environmental audit.
- Collect and analyze organizational data.
- Analyze the perception and the level of expertize/comprehension of the environmental policies.
- Share and validate the information.
- Assist Crossroads International in the development of an environmental policy.
- Define an approach and a vision for the policy for the organization
- Create an environmental policy for the employees.
- Validate the policy with the Crossroads International’s Management.
- Promote the policy within the organization.
- Assist Crossroads International in the creation of an action plan for the implementation of the policy.
Qualification criteria for selection include:
- Studies related to a relevant field.
- Knowledge and/or work experience related to the notion of sustainability and particularly the establishment of an environmental policy
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Great listening and creative capacity
- English and French writing skills are essential
To apply for this position, we ask you to send your resume with a cover letter to Martin@cintl.org . We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.