Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Ottawa, Canada (44 Eccles Street)
Reports to: Head of Programs
Language: English. French and/or Spanish desirable
Salary: Band 5 ($55,483.86-$65,952.51)
Deadline: June 14, 2015 11:59 pm EST
Cuso International is a non-profit international development organization, working to improve the lives of people living with poverty and inequality around the globe. Each year we mobilize hundreds of volunteer professionals who work with local partners to create positive lasting change. Established in 1961, Cuso International is a registered charity in Canada and the United States.
As part of the Cuso International Strategic direction, our ambition is to scale up our impact significantly in order to reach a greater number of people to help reduce global poverty and inequality. The Global Lead – Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable and Economic Growth will play the lead role in ensuring Country Program offices (CPO’s) are able to implement the Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable and Economic Growth project component of the VOICE (Volunteers for International Cooperation and Empowerment) program.
The incumbent will:
- Inspire and support CPO staff through coaching, training, mentoring and briefings so they are able to, develop and deliver innovative, high profile, high quality gender sensitive and socially inclusive Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable and Economic Growth work.
- Provide technical assistance to partnership development and funding staff on Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable and Economic Growth proposals and bring to their attention possibilities of new funding streams.
- Oversee the allocation of VOICE funds for Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable, and Economic Growth activities within CPO’s and closely monitor and evaluate their implementation and impact.
- Work with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) staff to ensure ‘MEAL” processes are applied to Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable and Economic Growth work and to take lead in producing quarterly and annual Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable and Economic Growth reports.
- Actively promote Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable and Economic Growth work of Cuso International through variety of media and through active participation in relevant global, regional and national networks.
Essential qualifications are:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences or International Development Studies, or demonstrated equivalent through experience
- 5 years of program experience or other relevant experience
- Proven analytical understanding of global development Wealth: Inclusive, Sustainable and Economic Growth issues at legislative, policy and practice level.
- Proven ability to mainstream gender equity and social inclusion approaches in all aspects of work.
- Proven ability to develop ideas into strategic projects and concept notes.
- Commitment to Cuso International’s approach to international development.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and ability to “inspiringly” communicate both formally and informally in variety of media to variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of International development funding sources and experience of developing and/or contributing to funding proposals.
- Ability to inspire individuals and teams and to encourage innovative thinking.
- Proven ability to distance support, coach and mentor field based staff and to develop and deliver effective training.
- Ability to negotiate and build budgets and monitor performance to budget and deal with variance in timely and effective manner.
- Skilled networker with proven ability to develop, maintain and influence relevant agencies and forums across government, civil society and private sector.
- Proven ability to manage complex and demanding workload to set own priorities and to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to develop and apply monitoring and evaluation systems and ability to carry out Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) visits and to produce clear and concise M&E reports.
- A committed team player who can work across teams and professional skill sets in different cultural contexts and build effective working relationships.
- Good IT skills ability to be self-serving in Office 365, power point and excel.
- Ability to travel internationally and nationally and to be away from home for up to three months in any one year.
Desirable qualifications are:
- Ability to communicate in French and Spanish.
- Knowledge and or experience of International volunteering.
For the full job description of this position, please click here