The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is looking for a Director of Communications, based in Canada.
The Director, Communications and Publishing leads development, implementation, management and evaluation of communications and engagement strategies to support IISD strategic priorities.
The Director, Communications and Publishing will develop a leading-edge communications plan for IISD, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s reputation. The goal is to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as to build broader awareness and a strong foundation for fundraising success.
The Director, Communications and Publishing will be responsible for IISD’s varied and integrated communications products and services including: research reports and other publications; websites, e-newsletters and other online communications including social media; traditional media and public relations; and marketing materials where appropriate.
· Minimum 10 years of communications and publishing experience.
· University degree in related field, advanced degree and/ or certificates an asset.
· Experience in Canada and internationally.
· Superior communications skills, both spoken and written. Fluency in English and a second language preferable.
· Strong leadership and people management skills.
· Proven ability to develop and execute strategic and creative communications that help drive extensive and diverse media coverage.
The Director, Communications and Publishing reports to the President & CEO or his Designate. IISD promotes an employment climate of gender equity and diverse opportunities.
We welcome all candidates, however only those currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Application deadline: January 15, 2017Click here for more information and to apply