Developing World Connections
Job Title: Communications Coordinator (14-month maternity leave cover)
Developing World Connections is looking for a highly organized, professional and energetic individual to join its team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will plan, develop and direct online marketing strategies, advertising/fundraising campaigns, communication strategies and information programs. He/she will develop and maintain all materials that go to public, including the DWC website, newsletters, promotional information and special projects.
- Develop strategies that grow the DWC online community, maintain a high degree of engagement, and contribute towards higher retention rates.
- Lead the delivery of online advertising and fundraising programs (keywords, banners, etc.) with external agencies and staff.
- Oversee and implement DWC’s online monthly giving program.
- Ensure website and social media are current and optimized for natural/organic searches.
- Develop and distribute marketing/PR materials to the public, Team Leaders and potential participants.
- Develop and maintain images and headlines for promotional, electronic and print material.
- Monitor and secure marketing opportunities. Liaise with media, update and distribute media material.
- Oversee CRM system ensuring accuracy and effectiveness of use.
- Prepare and distribute monthly online newsletters for all DWC subscribers.
- Create compelling impact stories from participants and beneficiaries.
- Secure promotional opportunities; attend trade shows and other events to promote DWC.
- Develop and maintain website, web material and web presence.
- Maintain awareness of competitors and industry trends. Stay abreast of best practices in online marketing and fundraising.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Training and Attributes:
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism, and 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple, shifting priorities.
- Experience working with integrated systems (i.e. understanding online/offline relationships and data)
- Experience using content management systems (CMS)
- Other technology experience and expertise (email management systems, CRM, fundraising platforms
- E-mail and E-comms marketing and communications knowledge and experience
This is a 14-month maternity leave position. Applications will be accepted until Thursday June 18th, at 4:30 pm, with an anticipated start date of July 2nd. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Communications Coordinator in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.