From: June – December 2017
If you are interested in international development, want an opportunity to regularly network with NGO professionals and have strong communications skills, this is the volunteer position for you! As part of the BC Council for International Cooperation’s internship program we are looking for a Program Assistant.
- Help with planning and preparation of BCCIC’s capacity building, public engagement and networking workshops.
- Carry out event coordination activities to support BCCIC’s programming including logistics, venue hire and catering.
- Attend and assist the facilitation of BCCIC workshops and events and network with BCCIC Members.
- Process evaluation data on BCCIC’s events and programming.
- Research and analyze BCCIC’s activity evaluation data in order to better understand and improve the impact of BCCIC programming.
- Liaise and follow-up with workshop facilitators and presenters.
- Carry out research relevant to BCCIC’s programming needs and the development of new events and activities.
- Experience with organizing events or group activities ie.g. venues, catering and publicity.
- Confident and outgoing, comfortable speaking with BCCIC members and other non-profits in-person and over the phone.
- Excellent time management and able to juggle multiple activities and deadlines.
- Research skills and experience especially working with spreadsheets e.g. Excel.
- Detail orientated
- Graphic design skills highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals advantageous.
BCCIC is looking for a qualified volunteer intern available starting the first week of June who can dedicate at least 16 hours (2 days) a week June – December 2017 to carry out the above responsibilities. This time period can be extended based on performance and mutual agreement between the candidate and BCCIC.
The selected candidate will work directly with the Program Officer at the Vancouver BCCIC Office and carry out their tasks in-office. Some flexibility may be negotiated.
In return for donating your time, BCCIC will provide opportunities to:
- Gain valuable communication and design experience as it applies to the non-profit sector
- Develop insight into what contributes to the success of a communications initiative
- Network within the non-profit and global social change sector
- Participate in capacity building workshops and receive staff mentorship
- Free membership to BCCIC during the time that volunteering is taking place;
- Opportunity to build one’s skills and resume as part of the BCCIC team and;
- Opportunity to learn more about the international development context in BC as part of a provincial network.
Deadline to express interest is Monday, May 29th at 9:00 AM.
Interested individuals are asked to email Dan Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV as well as a cover letter. Individuals will be contacted and assessed on a rolling basis.
BCCIC is a coalition of British Columbia voluntary international development organizations and provincial branches of such organizations committed to achieving sustainable global development in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity and participation for all. For more information on BCCIC visit http://bccic.ca/