From: June – December 2017
If you are interested in international development, want an opportunity to regularly network with NGO professionals and have strong communications skills, this is the volunteer position for you! As part of the BC Council for International Cooperation’s internship program we are looking for a Network Impact and Membership Assistant.
- Carry out research on the BCCIC network and its members to identify potential SDG working groups, working group topics, participants and group leaders/facilitators.
- Support the development of a BCCIC Network Development Strategy
- Expand BCCIC’s network mapping research to its Regional Chapters
- Help organize and prepare targeted SDG networking and collaboration events.
- Update and maintain the BCCIC membership database
- Conduct BCCIC member outreach during BCCIC’s membership renewal process in August.
- Research skills and experience especially in the areas of literature review, synthesizing qualitative data and identifying patterns and key themes.
- Comfortable designing research and writing up a research proposal.
- Comfortable working with databases and spreadsheets e,g, Excel.
- Self-starter capable of receiving instruction and then working independently.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understanding or strong interest in networks and network theory highly desireable.
- Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals advantageous.
BCCIC is looking for a qualified volunteer intern available starting the first week of June who can dedicate at least 16 hours (2 days) a week June – December 2017 to carry out the above responsibilities. This time period can be extended based on performance and mutual agreement between the candidate and BCCIC.
The selected candidate will work directly with the Program Officer at the Vancouver BCCIC Office and carry out their tasks in-office. Some flexibility may be negotiated.
In return for donating your time, BCCIC will provide opportunities to:
- Gain valuable communication and design experience as it applies to the non-profit sector
- Develop insight into what contributes to the success of a communications initiative
- Network within the non-profit and global social change sector
- Participate in capacity building workshops and receive staff mentorship
- Free membership to BCCIC during the time that volunteering is taking place;
- Opportunity to build one’s skills and resume as part of the BCCIC team and;
- Opportunity to learn more about the international development context in BC as part of a provincial network.
Deadline to express interest is Monday, May 29th at 9:00 AM.
Interested individuals are asked to email Dan Harris at email@example.com with a copy of your CV as well as a cover letter. Individuals will be contacted and assessed on a rolling basis.
BCCIC is a coalition of British Columbia voluntary international development organizations and provincial branches of such organizations committed to achieving sustainable global development in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity and participation for all. For more information on BCCIC visit http://bccic.ca/