Are you passionate about global issues? Do you want to be part of a network of committed international change agents striving to achieve sustainable development? As part of the BC Council for International Cooperation’s internship program we are looking for a volunteer Mapping Database and Web Assistant.
BCCIC is looking for a qualified volunteer who will assist our Web Developer and Communications Officer with the creation and maintenance of our online mapping tool that identifies groups in British Columbia who are working on the UN Sustainable Development Goals as well as work to perform regular updates to the BCCIC website including new content and events as required. The Mapping Database and Web Assistant will gain valuable experience working to apply their skills to a social change oriented cause.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who are:
- Looking to put practical skills to use by being involved in a dynamic innovative project
- Wanting to gain valuable work experience in the non-profit sector
BCCIC is looking for a volunteer available starting as soon as possible who can dedicate at least 8-16 hours (1-2 days) a week until the end of August 2017 to carry out the following tasks:
- Cleaning-up and expanding our mapping database
- Performing website testing
- Researching content for the website
- Writing and editing content as required
- Administrative work as required
The following skills and experience are considered assets:
- Some experience working with WordPress
- Some experience maintaining databases for accuracy and completeness
- Some knowledge of html
In return for donating your time, BCCIC will provide opportunities to:
- Gain valuable communication experience as it applies to the non-profit sector
- Develop insight into what contributes to the success of a communications initiative
- Network within the non-profit and global social change sector
- Participate in capacity building workshops and receive staff mentorship
- Free membership to BCCIC during the time that volunteering is taking place;
- Opportunity to build one’s skills and resume as part of the BCCIC team and;
- Opportunity to learn more about the international development context in BC as part of a provincial network.
Deadline to express interest is June 26th at 9:00 AM.
Interested individuals are asked to email Kareen Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV as well as a short statement of interest. Individuals will be contacted and assessed on a rolling basis.
BCCIC is a coalition of British Columbia voluntary international development organizations and provincial branches of such organizations committed to achieving sustainable global development in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity and participation for all. For more information on BCCIC visit http://bccic.ca/.