Are you passionate about global issues? Do you want to be part of a network of committed international change agents striving to achieve sustainable development? As part of the BC Council for International Cooperation’s internship program we are looking for a Volunteer Public Engagement Assistant.
BCCIC is looking for a qualified volunteer who will play a key role in our upcoming BC Vision 2030 public engagement campaign. This non-partisan campaign will target BC’s provincial elections as an opportunity to ask political leaders how they will make BC a leader in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The Public Engagement Assistant will gain valuable experience engaging in political processes, organizing public engagement events and working with the SDG framework as well as practical skills in research, event planning, and logistics.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who are:
- Passionate about global change
- Interested in learning about and working with the agenda-setting Sustainable Development Goals
- Wanting to gain valuable work experience in the non-profit sector
- Confident talking to people on the phone and in person
- Experienced at organizing events and logistics
- Ideally comfortable with graphic design and Google apps.
BCCIC is looking for a volunteer available starting September 19th 2016 who can dedicate at least 15 hours a week until May 30th 2017 to carry out the following tasks:
- Support coordination with BC non-profit networks working on the provincial elections
- Contact non-profits to arrange meeting times and places for the BC 2030 campaign
- Assisting in the preparation and facilitation of BC 2030 workshops and meetings
- Support and note take in meetings with political representatives and candidates
- Design promotional and educational materials for the BC 2030 campaign.
- Develop a BC 2030 Election Tool Kit
In return for donating your time, BCCIC will provide opportunities to:
- Gain valuable research, logistics and public engagement experience
- Network within the non-profit and global social change sector
- Participate in capacity building workshops and receive staff mentorship
Interested individuals are asked to e-mail Dan Harris at email@example.com and provide a copy of your CV as well as a short (not to exceed one page) statement of interest. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday September 14th.
BCCIC is a coalition of British Columbia voluntary international development organizations and provincial branches of such organizations committed to achieving sustainable global development in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity and participation for all. For more information on BCCIC visit http://bccic.ca/.