Are you passionate about global issues? Do you want to be part of a network of committed international change agents striving to achieve sustainable development? As part of the BC Council for International Cooperation’s internship program we are looking for a Mapping and Web Design Assistant.
BCCIC is looking for a qualified volunteer who will assist our Web Developer and play a key role in a microsite for our BC 2030 public engagement campaign. This non-partisan initiative will target BC’s provincial elections as an opportunity to ask political leaders how they will make BC a leader in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The microsite aims to create instant accessibility to the public for campaign resources and information. The Mapping and Web Design Assistant will gain valuable experience engaging in political processes, working to apply their skills to a social change oriented cause.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who are:
- Passionate about global change
- Interested in learning about and working with the agenda-setting Sustainable Development Goals
- Wanting to gain valuable work experience in the non-profit sector
- Confident talking to people on the phone and in person
- Experienced at organizing events and logistics
- Ideally comfortable with graphic design and Google apps.
BCCIC is looking for a volunteer available starting January 24th 2016 who can dedicate at least 15 hours a week until May 30th 2017 to carry out the following tasks assisting our Web Developer with:
- Writing and editing content as required
- Cleaning-up and expanding our mapping database
- Performing QA tasks on data sets
- Performing website testing
- Researching content for the website
- Creating simple graphics and infographics for online use
- Administrative work as required
The following skills and experience are considered assets:
- Some experience maintaining data sets
- Familiarity with design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva)
- Some knowledge of html
In return for donating your time, BCCIC will provide opportunities to:
- Gain valuable research, logistics and public engagement experience
- Network within the non-profit and global social change sector
- Participate in capacity building workshops and receive staff mentorship
Interested individuals are asked to e-mail Dan Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a copy of your CV as well as a short (not to exceed one page) statement of interest. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday, January 20th.
BCCIC is a coalition of British Columbia voluntary international development organizations and provincial branches of such organizations committed to achieving sustainable global development in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity and participation for all. For more information on BCCIC visit http://bccic.ca/.